Built Heritage Conservation Specialist/Architect
About us: Based in St Kilda, Melbourne, RBA Architects + Conservation Consultants is an agile and independent, medium-sized team of built heritage experts and architects, including conservation specialists, heritage consultants and historians. We are equal parts technically proficient, philosophically sophisticated, research-driven and innovators. Qualities that enable us to apply a rigorous and multidisciplinary lens across the breadth of our work, which spans a diverse range of typologies, sectors and regions.
The opportunity: This is an exciting role that requires a forensically-minded conservation specialist/architect to both lead and advance our building science division. A thorough understanding of technical preventive and remedial building fabric conservation is necessary as is a passion for the scientific material/architectural analysis of historic structures.
Candidates should have:
- Experience with building fabric/materials analysis and best-practice conservation practice.
- Honours or Masters in Architecture/Conservation or similar.
- A broad understanding of traditional construction techniques (mid-19th century to late 20th century) and Australian architectural/building history.
- Familiarity with the BCA/NCC and relevant Australian and international Standards.
- Familiarity with and ideally, proficiency, in AutoCad, Revit and Adobe
- Familiarity with the current analogue and emerging digital and AI diagnostic tools.
- An investigative nature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A first-rate benefits package and salary commensurate with experience and internal equity will be provided. Immediate start. Interstate and international candidates welcome.
Is this you? If so, we encourage you to contact with our Director, Roger Beeston, for an initial/confidential discussion — 9525 5666.
Cover letters and CVs can then be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
RBA Architects + Conservation Consultants is an equal opportunities employer.
In general: we are always eager to hear from motivated and talented people who would like to join our team.
If you would like to tell us a little about yourself and share your CV and portfolio, you’re welcome to email us at email@example.com
Please note, your resume and portfolio attachment should not exceed 5MB and should be in a JPEG or PDF format. Website links are also welcome.